Monday, March 3, 2014

Chapter 27 - The Final Winner (END)

January 6th, 11:20 AM

“Popcorn.”

“Check.”

“Lemonade.”

“Check.”

“Lawn chairs.”

“Check.”

“Windy fighting grounds.”

“Check.”

“Thumbs up, thumbs down signs.”

“Check.”

“Video camera.”

“Check.”

~*F*~


“Okay! I think that’s everything!” Carumati exclaimed.

“You’re really into this, aren’t you, Carumati,” Ven commented.

“Ah, I guess? The boys in my neighborhood used to do this all the time.”

“Ah, I see.”

“By the way, where’s Ally? Shouldn’t she be here to help set up?”

“I don’t know. She said she needed to buy something on the way here. She said it wouldn’t take long.”

“Mm, makes sense. Alright! Now all we need to do is set up the fighting circle and blocks and we’re good to go!”

~*~

Meanwhile....

“Kat?”

Alameda looked up. “Ah! You surprised me! What are you of all people doing here?”

“Hmm? This is where I grew up, isn’t it?”

“Yes, but...”

“I heard that you were here and decided to drop by. This sure brings back a lot of memories. Ah- I’m sorry, I forgot about your problem.”

“No, it’s okay, really. It seems I’ve remembered everything and forgot it again. Crazy, right?”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Um.... I know this is none of my business, but what are you buying?”

Ally was holding up a bird shaped kite. “I’m buying a kite, what does it look like?”

“Well, I can see that, but what I mean is, why?”

“Ah, that. In case I get bored. See, Konrad and another friend, Blake, are having a showdown on the hilltop to win me (basically) and it’s really windy up there, so I thought I would buy a kite for when the fighting gets boring.”

“Kon and Blake are fighting for you?”

“They both want me to stay with them. I personally want to stay in GWANAN, though I really have no interest in Konrad.”

“No fair! I want you to come live with me in my mansion. That’s why I came down here to invite you.”

“Well, why don’t you join in the fight, then? Whoever wins, gets to take me with them.”

“Ah, but I’m not a very good fighter.”

“Too bad, I guess I won't be able to go live with you, then.”

“.... Alright, alright, I’ll join. Where do I sign up?”

Ally smirked.

~*~

“What! Cato is going to join in the fight for you too?” Carumati exclaimed.

“That’s right. He wants me to live in his mansion with him so we can pull pranks on all the neighbors together,” Ally explained.”

“Ah, we’re gonna have to make the fighting circle bigger then.”

“Wait, you’re gonna have them all fight at once?”

“Of course! It wouldn’t be any fun otherwise!”

“True.”

“Ally, are you sure about this? This bet, I mean,” Ven asked as Carumati explained the rules to the fighters.

“I don’t really care one way or the other. Whichever one wins, I’m going to simply go on the path that leads to justice. Where I live makes no difference to me. I really don’t have a home, so if it changes, no big deal.”

“But... are you not interested in any of those three guys?”

“Not really. Blake’s like an annoying cousin, Kon’s an over-protective brother and Cato is the younger, lazy brother.”

“Wow. You seriously put all those guys in places where they can’t reach your feelings no matter what.”

“Yeah, well, all of them are a lot like myself. Prideful, arrogant fighters who live only to please themselves.”

“I didn’t think of you as the type to point out your own faults.”

“I wouldn’t normally, but you’re the exception, because I know you won't tease me about it.”

“Thanks... I think. Isn’t there a guy out there that you like at all?”

“Hmmm?” Ally gave him a cocky side-glance and put a finger to her lips. “It’s a secret.”

“What? No way! Tell me!”

“If you really wanna know, then buy me some ice cream.”

“But, look. The fight is starting.”

“Oh?” Ally looked and sure enough, Carumati was yelling, “Start!” and the fight ensued with many hisses, bangs, and whooshes. She and Ven watched a couple of minutes, and the more they saw, the more depressed they became.

“I can’t believe they can fight so much and look like they’re enjoying themselves,” Ven mentioned.

“Don’t they hurt? Why would they do this for a girl they like?” Ally questioned.

“I know that you’re a fighter too, Ally, but I’ve never seen you fight so... so....”

“Joyfully?”

“That’s a very good way of putting it! Though I was thinking of something less kind....”

“They really only fight because they like to. I fight because I have to. It’s something I grew up with that I can’t let go.”

“That reminds me, Ally. You said that you forgot your memories again. Why did you lie?”

“Oh? So you knew that I never actually forgot?”

“Yeah. You... you just seemed to have a playful look in your eye when you said you couldn’t remember.”

“Hmm.... Yeah. I really remember everything.”

“You lied to protect Konrad’s fear of you leaving, right?”

“Partly. The other reasons were because I didn’t want anyone like Blake to ask questions, and to protect Cato and Mindy from my father’s associates that are still out there. I still have to subdue them before I can freely say that I remember everything.” There was a moment of silence as they watched the fight a little longer. Finally, Ally sighed. “You wanna go get some ice cream?”

“...Yeah. Definitely.”

Alameda and Ven looked at each other, then laughed. Grabbing Ally’s hand, Ven pulled her over to the stand where they shared a bowl of vanilla ice cream and the young girl whispered in his ear the only person she ever really liked.

Carumati cheered as the three boys fought over Ally. Little did they know that Ven had already taken home the prize.


END

No comments:

Post a Comment