Friday, September 6, 2013

Chapter 3 - An Impostor Aboard

August 23rd, 11:43 PM


In my hiding spot beneath the cabinet, I could hear as Ally Kat threatened Konrad.


“You move and you're dead,” Ally Kat spoke.


“Alameda, what are you doing?” Ven asked, alarmed.


“Ally, come on! What's wrong with- Agh! What are you shooting at me for? Get a hold of yourself!”


I peaked out a bit from the cabinet to see Konrad leaping from his chair, but Ally Kat shot him in the leg and he was forced to kneel down.


“Who are you? Who are you working for? Is it Denov? Why is he after us?” Ally Kat interrogated.


“Ally Kat, are you out of your mind?” Ven questioned.


“No, she's not,” came a voice from outside the room. I couldn't see who it was, but Ven seemed to react to it with confusion.


“Wait, who... Which one is the real....”


“Ven, this is an imposter. Someone sent by Denov, no doubt,” the stranger spoke. “There were a few others that I had to take care of in the next room.”


I opened the cabinet a little farther so I could see, but ended up falling out completely. I looked up to find Ally Kat, Ven and two Konrads staring at me.


~*F*~


“Ah! It's that kid from earlier. Hey, kid! You trying to get yourself killed? What are you doing, hiding in our poison cabinet?” the uninjured Konrad asked.

“P-p-poison cabinet?” the teen asked, nervous.

“That's right. It's where we keep our poisons. You're lucky none of the bottles opened or you'd be in bad shape,” the injured Konrad spoke.

“I suggest you just stay where you are if you don't want to be injured,” Ally Kat said, still pointing the gun at the Konrad kneeling on the ground. “Now, let's try this again. Why are you here?”

“I live here,” he replied.

“Ha! Ally, how about you and I teach this guy a lesson.” Konrad (the one standing) pulled out a few knives and readied himself for a fight. The other Konrad did the same and stood up, balancing on his uninjured leg. The two of them faced each other, sizing each other up. While everyone else was watching, Ven quietly approached Ally Kat and, grabbing hold of the gun, spoke softly, “That's enough.” Startled, Ally Kat looked up at Ven and suddenly the two Konrads had her pinned to the floor and the gun taken from her hand. The injured Konrad tore the wig off her head. “As I thought, it's the lovely twin, Katrina Plight,” the other Konrad spoke.

“What is the meaning of this?” the shocked Katrina shouted. “Why are there two of you?”

“I'm glad you asked.” The injured Konrad stood and pulled off the clay mask to reveal Alameda Plight beneath. “Hello, sister. I heard of your jail break and sent one of my friends to check it out. We knew your plot from the very beginning, how you and a friend were going to sneak in here as me and Konrad and get rid of us two under the pretense that we were the intruders instead of you. However, Konrad here took care of the imposter Konrad at the very beginning and posed as your friend, while I dressed as Konrad to get you confused. Did it work?”

“I'm still confused. Your explanation stinks,” Katrina grumbled.

“In other words, you lost,” Konrad (the real one) said.

“Just take our word for it,” Ven added with a bright smile.

“And what about the kid? Was that just to distract me too?”

“Actually, we have no idea about the kid ourselves. We just know that he wants to write a story about us. He's a kind of pest, you might say,” Konrad explained.

“Hey, Katrina, I'm curious. Was this for your own doing, or are you working for Denov? You mentioned him earlier when you shot me.”

“Yeah, you're slacking, sister. It used to be that I could never hit you. You don't seem to be training like you used to.”

“That's not it. It's simply that Konrad isn't as fast as I am, so I tried to slow up a bit to convince you I was him,” Alameda replied.

“Hey!” Konrad objected. “I'm not that slow.”

“You never answered my question, Katrina. Are you on your own, or are you working under someone else?”

“On my own. Why would I want to work under someone who opposed the Organization?” Katrina replied.

“So you are working for him,” Konrad concluded.

“Definitely,” Ally agreed.

“Hey! I just said I wasn't!”

“You spoke too easily. You were obviously lying,” Konrad explained. “We're not so stupid as you seem to think we are.”

“Well, shall we drop her off at the next police station?” Alameda asked.

“No, that would slow us up too much. We need to hurry up and get to Polstar. Jin is waiting for us. We'll drop her off at the Polstar police. They should be able to take care of her there,” Konrad said.

Suddenly, the ship began rattling and shaking and the alarm began to go off.

“Ah! Not now! I still haven't finished my calculations. I'm going to have to do it manually. Hold on, guys, this is gonna be one wild ride,” Ven yelled over the noise as he took to the head of the ship.

“I'm not concerned. I have full faith in you, Ven,” Konrad spoke, still holding Katrina firmly to the ground.

“Alameda, may I ask you something?” Katrina asked as she struggled against Konrad.

“Certainly, dear sister.”

“Why is your helm in the kitchen?”

“Ah, for two reasons. One, the boys are always eating, so it's faster to get to the helm if something goes wrong if it's next to where the food is. Two, so that when the boys are steering, they can get to the food easier.”

“I never understood men.”

“Hey, Ally, I don't understand how your twin here was ever able to beat you. She's so weak! Look at her, she's like a little bug squirming beneath my foot!”

“Shut up! I wouldn't have been caught in the first place if Ven hadn't distracted me.”

“Aw, that's not a nice thing to say. Besides, Ven distracting you was a part of our plan.”

“Hey, Konrad?” Alameda interrupted.

“Yeah?”


“Don't you think we should figure out what to do with this kid here?”

No comments:

Post a Comment